Regional Manager-South West
This job has been closed.
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days annual leave increasing every year by 1 to the maximum of 33 days over 5 years service
- Year bonus depending on your key objectives and business performance
- Work Place Pension
- Employee assistance programme (EAP) – confidential phone line and online support and resources available to you and your loved ones 24/7
- Supportive working environment with ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- A friendly, agile and flexible working culture.
**Please note Prestige Nursing & Care reserve the right to close a role at any time **
Regional Manager - South West of England
We want to make life better for more people. If you are as passionate about quality as we are and want a role where your skills will make a real difference, this is a great opportunity to grow and develop in an exciting business that puts people front and centre of everything we do.
Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group, has provided home care for over 75 years and we have 35 local offices in England and Scotland. Our aim is to lead the care industry by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services to our clients.
We are looking for a dynamic and independent professional with solid care sector operations experience, commercial acumen, and a flexible, enthusiastic, and can-do attitude to lead our regional team. You will focus on nurturing and developing our branch teams to deliver against our extremely high standards of care and growth targets.
The role of Regional Manager is to oversee daily branch operations ensuring our high standards are consistently met and enabling a culture of continuous improvement.
The role covers the South West of England and will include travel for monthly and quarterly meetings with the Business Director, Operations Team and Branch Managers.
Reporting to Head of Operations your role will include:
- Support the development of care strategies, policies and procedures to match industry best practice and ensure compliance adherence for your local teams
- Monitor and improve the standards of care where evidence of improvements is visible through external audits and inspections outcomes
- Ensure the businesses grow in line with / or exceeding of company budgets
- Complete compliance checks for your branches via internal audits and spot checks, ensure internal quality KPIs are achieved, and regulatory requirements met
- Work to consistently improve regulatory standards at branch level
- Developing and delivering quality improvements plans
- You will provide leadership to the managers and meet teams regularly to help drive performance
- Induct and line manage the local Managers that look after a range of different care services
- Support the recruitment, selection, and training of employees
- Nurture and develop passion for our services
- You will lead and have oversight local safeguarding and CQC processes as well as focusing on maximising the financial performance
- Defining best practice for local and national teams and delivering advice on care practice
- Ensure that there is an effective process in place to identify and share best practice and performance improvement across the operational network
- Oversee of out of hours offering including acting as a Senior on-call person on a rota basis
- Driving and Implementing new technology
- Driving and implementing new initiatives
- Remain up to date with legislation and share/cascade relevant information
- Understanding of the requirements of care regulations
- Build relationship with stakeholders internally and externally
- Be the link between the operational teams and the support functions including oversight of HR issues
- Act as a point of escalation for internal and external complaints and have oversight of incidents and manage crisis intervention
- Translating customer feedback into improvement objectives
- Delivering and improving on safety excellence
- Building and maintaining a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback
- Enabling teams to deliver on revenue targets and putting support plans in place where there is a negative difference
- Work closely with the Head of Contracts & Partnerships to support the delivery of growth and contract tenders
- Oversee and manage the regional budget including preparing business cases for budget variances
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for:
- Care sector operational experience
- Be strategic, methodical, logical and detail orientated
- Have excellent line management skills
- A high level of understanding of compliance for care services
- Self-motivated and strong ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Confident and able to present to different types of audiences
- Driven by targets
- Strong commercial focus mixed with the understanding of the softer aspects of the care industry
- Able to identify new opportunities for strategic growth
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to network and build relationships at all levels including those with Regulators
- Strong systems and process ability
- Proven sales skills and rapport building
- Strong financial budgetary skills
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity for self-development
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing & Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process