The job has expired.
Working at a busy private hospital in Littleover Derby.
Will need to be over 18 for this position and subject to a DBS check provided by the company.
18 hours over 3 days (3 x 6 hour shifts) including some weekend and bank holidays on a rotation basis.
Shift Patterns include - 6.30am-1pm or 1pm-7.30pm occasionally 8pm finish may be required at busy times.
We currently have an opportunity for a Ward Host to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression
- To assist in the preparation of patient food in a hygienic manner following all instructions given.
- To engage with the patients to feel welcome and relaxed with their time in our care.
- Communicate with the kitchen to ensure that all food orders are made and are what are required by the patient/visitor.
- Keep the pantry clean and tidy at all times to stay in the condition laid out in service level agreement and to meet all legal and company responsibilities.
- Assist the manger and supervisor to achieve service level agreements, health and safety requirements.
- Complete all audit and quality standards documentation as required.
- Ensure that patient’s dietary requirements are provided for.
- Ad-hoc duties as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
- Good Communication skills
- Great customer service skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to understand and adhere to legislation at all times
- Ability to understand detailed instructions.
- Food hygiene level 2 or above
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.