Senior Technical Engineer
Competitive salary, full training given and uniform provided.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Technical Engineer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company that provides the IFM site service delivery within large industrial / commercial sites, whilst also offering unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To co-ordinate and direct all activities within the assigned area across hard FM service.
- To ensure that all services provided, adhere to safe systems at work and all relevant legislative requirements, supported by Centre of Excellence, Technical Service Manager and Shared Services.
- The delivery of activities as stipulated in any local Account Strategies.
- The monitoring of the services delivered and the reporting of said services to the Workplace Manager.
- To act upon any reasonable requests from Managers, Deputy Managers.
- To be accountable for the effective delivery of a professional maintenance service to the client ensuring that all contractual response and repair times are met.
- Liaising with and organising other operatives/contractors to ensure a consistent and professional approach and having familiarity with electrical and mechanical systems with the ability to carry out minor repairs, associated with said systems.
- To manage, update and amend the site Asset register as and when required as per LOP / SOP.
- To manage/assign and close work orders with the CAFM system with the assistance of the Site Service.
- Support Administrator as per LOP / SOP.
- To organise the teams work-load to achieve KPIs.
- To be appointed to any relevant AP role upon successful completion of the Safe Systems of Work course and subsequent formal assessment. Responsibilities there-after to be the management of the said SSOW(s).
- To issue Permits to Work within competencies and remit.
- To co-operate with the client and employer ensuring that all statutory Health, Safety and Welfare
- legislation, is adhered to, including any company or site-specific policies and rules.
- To be part of the on-call rota for breakdown callouts across the site over a routine 7-day period.
- To be prepared to work to variable hours Monday – Friday when required based on a 40-hour week.
- To provide assistance to other operatives and contractors when required.
- Be able to communicate with the client’s staff at all levels.
- To attend any other training courses as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- The applicant must be a highly customer focused individual, able to motivate and drive performance in team to deliver high standards of service and cost effectiveness. With the capability of leading multi-functional teams in a regulated environment, where asset performance is a business-critical requirement. The role holder will have extensive experience and competency with the various types of services associated with Hard FM with a full understanding of H & S and other regulatory obligations.
- Hold a formal Level 3 qualification within a relevant field
- To be competent with a CAFM system, ideally Maximo
- SC security or be able to obtain this level of security clearance
- Valid driving licence
- Good Communicator
- Good IT skills eg Excel, CAFM
- Valid 1st Aid Certificate
- Valid IPAF Licence.
- Valid IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process