Evening Cleaning Team Leader
This job has been closed.
- Reporting to the Cleaning and Grounds Manager, the Evening Cleaning Team Leader has overall responsibility for the evening cleaning operations of the buildings and surrounding areas ensuring they are clean and safe for staff and visitors.
- The Cleaning Team Leader will also deputise for the Cleaning Supervisor/ Manager in their absence.
- The Cleaning Team Leader directly manages a team of evening staff.
- To provide the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene to the Company standards within the service specification.
- To focus on the expected team behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, helping to maintain its leading edge status within the industry and our reputation with our customers.
- Have full knowledge of all areas which are to be cleaned in the course of duty.
- Ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required SOP standards.
- Have full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents and use cleaning equipment as directed by your line manager only after correct COSHH training has been given. Report any equipment which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use.
- Report any safety hazards or inappropriate compromises to the line Manager e.g. locked fire door, lifting flooring, lights not working etc.
- Ensure that the specified safety signage is used at all times, e.g. wet floor signs and “warn/advise” customers where possible.
- To be aware of material expenditure and cost and avoid unnecessary waste.
- Ensure that cleaning stores are kept clean and tidy and equipment stored safely at all times.
- Comply with all security regulations for cleaning materials, equipment and buildings as laid down by client and Sodexo and report immediately any shortages or discrepancies found.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified.
- To deal with any complaints by immediately reporting them to the Line Manager.
- Attend training courses and meetings as is necessary to maintain standards in the contract and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently.
- Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays.
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is kept clean & maintained in safe working order. Report any defects to the supervisor/Manager immediately.
- Comply with all Company policies procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- Complete the tasks allocated, by the line manager, in accordance with Company`s standards, practices and procedures
- Disposal of waste into correct receptacles, i.e. hazardous bins, recycling bins, general rubbish bins, confidential bins, compostable bins.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Previous experience in a cleaning environment.
- Previous experience of managing a team.
- The ability to implement and adhere to standards and procedures.
- Health and Safety experience including COSHH, Health and Safety and Manual Handling.
- Basic office skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Smart appearance and professional manner.
- Resilience, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- BICs cleaning qualification or equivalent is also desirable, but not essential.
Other relevant information:
- To relieve and assist in other establishments in certain circumstances.
- To attend and participate in meetings and training courses as required.
- This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken.It does not attempt to detail every activity.Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals.The post holder will be required at all times to perform any other reasonable task, as requested by the Line Manager in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.