Lab Support Services Operative
The job has expired.
We currently have an opportunity for a Lab Support Services Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Management of waste samples from completed laboratory analysis
- Collection of spent sample glassware from laboratory testing area
- Collate and return glass waste bottles to Site Waste
- Return empty glass bottles to supplier
- Maintaining cleanliness and 5S standards
- Booking in of Laboratory Samples
- Sorting samples into relevant categories and booking them into the laboratory using the sample record books
- Liaising with the shift supervisor once samples are booked in
- Highlighting “Red Lane” batches to shift supervisor
- Maintaining the Standards board up to date with expiry dates of all Standards
- Preparation of Standards and Buffers at the analysts request
- Control of laboratory consumables cupboard and maintaining stocks of consumables at correct levels
- Check laboratory stock of glassware and identify items that need to be ordered
- Collection of consumables and small items of equipment / accessories when delivered to site and transport to the Chemistry laboratory
- Unpack consumables delivery and place in laboratory storage locations
- Deliver small equipment / accessories to the appropriate person
- Daily and weekly checks in the Laboratory and record results on daily check sheets highlighting any failures or issues to the shift supervisor.
- Be active in 5S activities. This involves the following:-
- Being responsible for the 5S standards in the areas the role works in – wash area, standards preparation area etc
- Take on actions to improve 5S as identified
- Be involved in 5S audits of other areas within the laboratory and write up actions
- Training in tanker samples collection
- When requested collect swab samples from tanker deliveries of the hoses and connections and samples of the raw material
- Deliver these swabs and samples to the laboratory for testing
- Perform any other reasonable in-lab tasks to agreed work instructions.
- Responsibile for planning own daily tasks with guidance from local contacts.
- Regular liaison with customers to discuss their requirements – a customer facing role.
To operate to approved quality standards (e.g. GxP). Maintain QA systems by keeping accurate records of work undertaken, methods used and results obtained
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum qualification GCSE or equivalent grades A-C in a science subject, Maths & English.
- ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent in Chemistry.
- Ability to work supportively as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative within the bounds of local procedures and SOPs.
- Ability to follow protocols consistently and to produce accurate records.
- Good communication skills.
- Good PC skills.
- Good safety awareness.
- Previous experience in a GXP or laboratory environment is advantageous.
- This role suits someone who is organised with a good eye for detail, who is self-motivated and able to manage a complex workload with dynamic priorities and a range of timescales.
About The Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.