Multi-skilled Technician M&E - Leamington Spa Mega Lab
This job has been closed.
£37,857 + benefits
Working on 4 on 4 off shift pattern, 36 hour/week, day/night shifts on site operating 24/7/365.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
We have an exciting opportunity within Sodexo healthcare segment for 2 Multiskilled Technicians (F-Gas) to join our team due to a recent contract win! In this role you will provide technical support and assistance to carry out all PPM and reactive tasks at Leamington Spa Mega Lab!
Covid 19 Mega Labs will help increase UK's daily testing capacity meaning faster turnaround times for test results.
To be successful in this position you will have proven substantial experience within the field of building & system maintenance and repair, be qualified to 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regs & ACoP L8 Water Management. Additionally must have a sound understanding of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and preferably a level 2 or 3 plumbing qualification.
This is a unique opportunity to join a business that will continue to be in transition with multiclient base so ability to adapt to changing situations is essential to be successful in this role.
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to complete BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) clearance.
- Deliver Contractual obligations in relation to PPMs and Reactive tasks
- Assist Sodexo management as required to deliver contractual expectations
- Carry out all PPM tasks appertaining to both electrical and mechanical systems: weekly sprinkler tests, (training will be provided), monthly emergency light testing, monthly emergency generator tests (training will be provided)
- Provide support to the shift - team as required to ensure Sodexo remain compliant with contractual obligations.
- Compile and update SOP for carrying out PPM tasks across site and receive authorisation and sign off from appropriate Manager.
- Compile and update RA’s for carrying out PPM tasks across site and receive authorisation and sign off from appropriate Manager.
- Manage the critical spares stock and order spare parts as required and ensure records of stock levels are kept and items that are rechargeable are charged to the correct Finance stream.
- Provide Technical advice and support on Projects on site to ensure proposed new systems are compatible with existing systems as and when required
- Effectively use the Maximo system and its components to validate and record all works and resource time detail.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven substantial experience within the field of building & system maintenance and repair
- Qualified to 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regs, Level 2/3 Plumbing desirable,
- Sound understanding of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Computer literate, preferable with knowledge of building management and CAFM systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing situations
- Authorised person appointments as directed
Where we can be flexible:
- Experience of working within an Acute Hospital environment
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.