The job has expired.
- SIA License required
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels.
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform requirements.
- To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies including fire and bomb scares ensuring the customers are kept fully informed at all times.
- Provide assistance to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all site procedures / policies are adhered too.
- To liaise closely with statutory authorities, dealing with incidents and the provision of information.
- Maintain continuous monitoring of site radio systems adhering to correct radio procedures at all times.
- Diligent management and maintenance of site records / reference materials including Health & Safety records, Incident Forms and the site occurrence book
- To provide regular liaison and timely feedback to the management team on all aspects of service delivery, implementing effective solutions and corrective action to enhance the service.
- Ensure weekly/monthly training is completed as per instructions from supervisor/Manager
- Adapt a team approach and assist with team morale
- Adhere to site rules at all times
- Control access & egress to site
- Working under CTPAT & HMRC regulations ensuring that all documentation and seals are checked and confirmed before loads enter or leave the site
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Covid Related Tasks - Thermal Scanning as well as Hand held scanning.
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
- To develop excellent working relationships with our onsite customers
- Adhoc Reception duties when the Reception is unmanned.
- Tannoys / phone call transferring, Professional & pleasant manner at all times
We currently have an opportunity for a Security Officer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Security Officer you could be responsible for:
• Monitoring of CCTV, Access Control and other protective systems, and act as a first line response to activations & incidents or fault reporting
• To log and transfer calls, relay messages and provide guidance and advice to visitors, clients, contractors and staff
• Control of the key press and issuing of keys
• Compile accurate incident reports where appropriate and requested
• To carry out regular patrols throughout the shift
• Ensuring buildings, valuables or people are safe and secure
• Supervising the door for a large organization
• Allocating visitor car parking spaces
• Health and Safety and Evacuation procedures
• Driving vehicles as and when required
• Ad-hoc support for our security operations
The Ideal Candidate
• Ability to interact with employees, contractors, consultants, visitors, and management as well as local police and fire authorities
• A full current driving licence
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent awareness skills
• Experience in working in a similar role
• A SIA Licence – Manned Guarding Licence, SIA Licence holder – CCTV
• Knowledge of security techniques
• Knowledge of site and local emergency procedures
About The Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.