Senior Mechanical Engineer
This job has been closed.
Up to £34,000 per annum
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer able to lead and motivate a team of engineers whilst also getting stuck in and supporting with day to day "on the tools" jobs?
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team at the MOD site in Colchester, Essex.
You will be an excellent communicator, able to work well with the client and be experienced in the planned and reactive maintenance of works across a large site.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the engineering background ready to take that step up in to a supervising role, Sodexo will ensure you have a structured development plan put in place including funding an apprenticeship to help you on your career journey.
- Monitor, evaluate and inspect planned and reactive maintenance tasks
- Ensure tasks are assigned to the correct tradesmen within the team and ensure timely and compliant completion.
- Assist with procuring materials
- Ensure all self-delivered and sub contracted PPMs, job plans are delivered to the appropriate standard.
- Work in partnership with the Helpdesk Administration team to ensure seamless service delivery.
- Monitor all tradesmen on-site to ensure compliance with health and safety.
- Provide support to the Projects team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must work well within a team and support the Technical Officer and engineers whilst able to make decisions based upon own knowledge.
- experience and a proven track record in Property Maintenance Management (Mechanical Bias)
- IOSH Qualification
- Ideally will hold a recognised F-Gas qualification or have experience and be willing to gain the full qualification.
- Relevant Mechanical Engineering qualification.
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business. We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process